2013 Test sessions in Logan
June 6, 2013 (Thursday)
7:00 P.M. at the ASTE Building Utah State University, Room 108, 1498 North 800 East in Logan (Just north of the 1400 North 800 East intersection east side of 800 East).
Check this site 2 days before exam for any updated information.
Please RSVP for the upcoming exam here...
Please check back on this site the week of the exam for any updated information
- $15.00 in EXACT CHANGE or check made out to ARRL VEC.
- ID. Either a US drivers license, passport, or military ID.
- If you are a minor and do not have one of the the above, bring your birth certificate and your schools picture ID card. If you do not have a school picture ID card then bring your birth certificate and your social security card.
- If you wish to upgrade from Technician to General or from General to Extra, you must bring a photocopy of your license that we will keep and send in with your new license request. .If you have not received your paper license yet, then bring your CSCE.
- Calculator (optional), calculators may not hold formulas, all calculators are submit to inpection by the volunteer examineers.
- WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS ACCESS TO A PHOTOCOPIER! Please don't ask us to make copies.
You can speed things up by filling out and printing this application for examination form. www.arrl.org/files/file/ncvec605-3.pdf
You will need a FCC issued FRN number instead of your Social Security #. You can register and obtain an FRN online at the FCC ULS website here. Follow
the NEW USERS -> REGISTRATION button. If you already have a license issued by the FCC, you can look it up by doing a query for your callsign here.
Please put your FRN number on the 605 form instead of your SS#. If you need help getting your FRN, we will be happy to help you at the exam session.
All license exams will be given on paper.
Technician and General Class licensees wishing to take a test to upgrade, must bring a copy of their current license that we can keep. If you have not received your license in the mail because you just recently passed your exam, then bring your CSCE.
You can locate other testing sessions in the region. It is possible to find a test session every month somewhere in northern Utah or southeastern Idaho.
Renew your license for free here: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/ The renewal process is described in a bit of detail on this page: http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/amateur/licensing/renewal.html
Club membership is open to anyone who is interested in Amateur Radio. You do not need have an amateur license to join us. Dues are used to operate the club, pay for refreshments, field day activities, for repeater site rental and repeater equipment maintenance.
To Join BARC
Come to a club meeting
Download the attached membership application form, "BARC 2013 application", at the bottom of the page, fill it out and mail in the membership form,
or you can click here to join online!
Be in the Ham Radio know
Join the BARC email list to receive information about upcoming events and activities you can participate in. This is a great way to ask questions.
The Bridgerland Amateur Radio Club is a 501 (3) (c) non profit organization for the purpose of education and training. Your donations to the club are tax deductible. Club dues and other donations are used to keep the club running and to maintain the Amateur Radio Repeaters in the valley.
See the link below for a PDF file on how to program simplex and repeater frequencies into your new handheld radio.
Click here to download this guide as a PDF
Basically programming a frequency requires you to.
1. Understand VFO and Memory mode on your radio and how to toggle it between these two modes
2. Entering the desired operating frequency
3. Storing the frequency into a memory channel. Most modern day handhelds have 200 or more memory channels.
Programming a repeater frequency requires a few more steps.
You will need your radios manual available as you use this guide.
Here is a great online resource for Anderson PowerPoles
KE7WAV and KF7ATL have been meeting Sunday nights to work on building their proficency sending and receiving CW (Morse Code). All are welcome to join in. They say they are at the begining stages so don't be shy to jump in. They are on 40 Meters 7120 Khz +/- at 2100 (9:00pm) local Sundays. Please come join one of the orginal digital modes.